Sunday, February 6, 2022

Wine Tasting: Cupcake Vineyards Prosecco

 Name: Cupcake Vineyards Prosecco

Variety: Glara

Region: Vidor

Country: Italy

Year: 2021

Price: $12.99


Online Review

When I think of celebrations (as far as wine goes) I think of something slightly fruity, not too sweet, and bubbly. If you feel the same way I do, you'll love this prosecco! It tastes more expensive than it is. It comes in a nice heavy bottle. The packaging is whimsical/charming. In my opinion, the perfect holiday drink!





Folly Review
pg. 155 Prosecco general- Wine Folly describes Prosecco's usually as sweet and acidic with honey dew and green apple, which I definitely sensed. It also includes pear and lager. Wine Folly recommends to pair the wine with spicy asian food, which I'm curious to find out how it would bring out the flavors. It does describe this specific Prosecco as the lowest quality, but I still thought it was tasty. 

My Review
I thought this wine was on the sweeter side. It was fruity and bubbly and left a nice flavor in the mouth. I sense a tart and acidic flavor and like Wine Folly mentions, I taste a mix of the melon and green apple. This wine reminded me apple ciders. 

I did not pair this wine with any food. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wine Tasting: Domaine Les Fines Graves Moulin-à-Vent

   Name : Domaine Les Fines Graves Moulin-à-Vent Variety : 100% Gamay Region : Beaujolais, Moulin-a-Vent Country :France Year : 2020 Price :...