Sunday, January 30, 2022

Wine Tasting: Miguel Torress Cordillera de los Andes

Name: Miguel Torress Cordillera de los Andes

Variety: 100% Carménère

Region: Cachapoal Valley

Country: Chile

Year: 2018

Price: $21


Online Review

From Maipo Valley, Chile, this Cordillera de Los Andes is lush, full-bodied Cabernet Sauvignon with ripe blackberry, dark chocolate, savoury spice, minty and leathery flavours on the palate. Wine grapes are sourced from the foothills of the Andes mountains.





Folly Review
pg. 91 Carménère- Wine Folly considered this wine as not very sweet, acidic, or tanin. It considers the flavors to be largely darker fruits like raspberry and black plum but also vanilla and paprika. It describes the wine as herbal which I definitely taste in this wine. 

My Review
This wine was less sweet than other wines I have tasted. Much more earthy with that herbal flavor. I do feel like it was fruity with darker fruits, but not necessarily sweet. I enjoyed this wine, it is different than the wines I have taste tested so far. 

I did not pair this wine with any food. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wine Tasting: Domaine Les Fines Graves Moulin-à-Vent

   Name : Domaine Les Fines Graves Moulin-à-Vent Variety : 100% Gamay Region : Beaujolais, Moulin-a-Vent Country :France Year : 2020 Price :...