Sunday, February 6, 2022

Wine Tasting: Arca Nova Vinho Verde

Name: Arca Nova Vinho Verde

Variety: blend of Luoureiro 50% Arinto 40% and Trajadura 10%

Region: Valongo

Country: Portugal

Year: 2020

Price: $11


Online Review
Clarity: Absolutely clean, no sediment. There is some spritz to this. Hue: Pale straw with a light gold rim Nose: green apples is the dominant with notes of honey and white pear Body: Light(+) Palate: soft minerals with a nice tartness of the green apples and nice balance of the acidity. Acidity: Medium(+) Finish: nice crisp medium finish, with still that green apple and some lemon zest, making me drool at the mouth. 








Folly Review
pg. 184 Vinho Verde- Wine Folly considers this wine high acidity, which I think definitely stood out. It also considers the wine limey and lemony as well as hints of pink grapefruit and white blossom. I think the acidity really stood out from the lime and lemon. They also describe spritz in it, which I also sensed. 

My Review
This wine to me was very similar to the Cupcake Prosecco, though others in my group disagreed. I noted the mineral immediately, with a sparky feeling in the mouth. I again sensed the tart and acidic flavor. I thought it felt fairly light and smooth down the throat. I also paired this wine with asian food which I think really balanced out tastes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wine Tasting: Domaine Les Fines Graves Moulin-à-Vent

   Name : Domaine Les Fines Graves Moulin-à-Vent Variety : 100% Gamay Region : Beaujolais, Moulin-a-Vent Country :France Year : 2020 Price :...