Sunday, February 13, 2022

Wine Tasting: Choco Vine Dutch Chocolate

Name: Choco Vine

Variety: 100% Cabernet Sauvignon

Region: Limburg

Country:  Netherlands

Year: 2021

Price: $12.99


Online Review
Holland- ChocoVine subtly combines fine French Cabernet Sauvignon grapes with rich chocolate and cream from Holland. Paired together to create a decadent, silky smooth drink, ChocoVine can be served on the rocks or as the main ingredient to an array of sinful cocktails.






Folly Review
pg.88 Cabernet Sauvignon- According to Wine Folly, cedar and baking spices are common in a Cabernet Sauvignon. This make sense why this wine would be paired with chocolate. It is considered a wine with full body which I think the chocolate added to it and very low on sweet which feel was different with the chocolate added. 

My Review
This wine obviously had heavy flavoring of chocolate as it was mixed with dutch chocolate. I tried it with Oreos which took away all the flavor and just left the wine tasting like super alcohol. The wine was super sweet with the chocolate and tasted like chocolate milk. It was very creamy with the chocolate but left a taste of redline and alcohol as an after taste. I think I liked it more than other people in the group but I definitely not my favorite. I don't feel like chocolate is my favorite pairing with alcohol. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wine Tasting: Domaine Les Fines Graves Moulin-à-Vent

   Name : Domaine Les Fines Graves Moulin-à-Vent Variety : 100% Gamay Region : Beaujolais, Moulin-a-Vent Country :France Year : 2020 Price :...