Sunday, March 13, 2022

Wine Tasting: Old Vine Zinfandel

 Name: Old Vine Zinfandel

Variety: Zinfandel

Region: Sonoma County

Country: California

Year: 2019

Price:$10


Online Review

Tasting the medium-bodied wine reveals a super smooth and easy to drink Zin with the nuanced complexity that only comes from older vines. It's a great example of a Sonoma Zin with very brambly flavors of ripe black cherry, blackberry, blueberry and cranberry. You'll also find a bit of leathery spice and vanilla in this very flavorful and nicely balanced wine.


Folly Review
Pg.  189 Zinfandel - According to Folly this wine is very high in alcohol, tannins and in body. Folly also considers Zinfandel as low sweetness and acidity  Some flavor notes are blackberry, strawberry and cinnamon.

My Review
I liked this one a lot more than the Malbec I also had this week. Interestingly enough, opposite again to what Folly reports, I felt like this one had less tannins. I also noticed the high alcohol in this wine. I thought this wine was fruity with berry flavors as well as cherry. I also felt like I could sense some of the spice in it.

        I did not pair this wine with food. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wine Tasting: Domaine Les Fines Graves Moulin-à-Vent

   Name : Domaine Les Fines Graves Moulin-à-Vent Variety : 100% Gamay Region : Beaujolais, Moulin-a-Vent Country :France Year : 2020 Price :...