Sunday, March 20, 2022

Wine Tasting: Génération 1905

  Name: Génération 1905

Variety: Grenache

Region: Vin De France

Country: France

Year: 2019

Price:$11


Online Review

Lovely nose full of ripe red fruit. VERY pleasant and friendly flavours of Sweet cherry, ripe strawberry with acidity to match. No tannins to be found.


Folly Review
Pg.  117  Grenache - According to Folly this wine is very high in alcohol and body but quite low inn sweetness acidity and tannins. I do think this one was more sweet and acidic maybe than other Grenache wines. Common notes of this wine are stewed strawberry, grilled plum, leather, dried herbs, and blood orange. He also recommends pairing the wine with meats which I could see would have fit really well with this wine and will consider it next time. 

My Review
I liked this one, it wasn't too tannic and a good amount of sweet. I felt like it was a little acidic which I enjoyed and I think the red fruity flavor was also prevalent and enjoyable. 

  I did not pair this wine with food. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wine Tasting: Domaine Les Fines Graves Moulin-à-Vent

   Name : Domaine Les Fines Graves Moulin-à-Vent Variety : 100% Gamay Region : Beaujolais, Moulin-a-Vent Country :France Year : 2020 Price :...