Sunday, March 6, 2022

Wine Tasting: Famiglia Castellani Chianti

 Name: Famiglia Castellani Chianti

Variety: Sangiovese

Region: Tuscany

Country: Italy

Year: 2019

Price:$14


Online Review
Dry and balanced, lightly tannic which turns into velvety softness. Bright ruby red color, the Castellani Chianti Annata shows an intense and characteristic bouquet, fruity with violet fragrance and a slight hint of cherries and red currant.




Folly Review
Pg.162 Sangiovese- According to Folly this wine is very low in sweetness and very high in acidity. This gives it notes of cherry, roasted tomato and espresso. It also considers it to have fairly high tannin flavors, which I did not notice.

My Review
I thought this was wine was somewhat full bodied. I believe I found notes of black and red fruit like cherry and plum. It was somewhat fruity but not overpoweringly so, and quite dry. 

I did not pair this wine with food. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wine Tasting: Domaine Les Fines Graves Moulin-à-Vent

   Name : Domaine Les Fines Graves Moulin-à-Vent Variety : 100% Gamay Region : Beaujolais, Moulin-a-Vent Country :France Year : 2020 Price :...