Sunday, January 30, 2022

My First Blog


My First Blog

My name is Laura Munoz and I am majoring in political science. I have some experience with wine, though I don't know much. My parents were never very strict about alcohol so they would let me try sips of their drinks, usually wine, every once in a while. They would ask what I thought of it. When I was younger the taste and smell of alcohol was gross to me, and at the time I didn't understand why they would like that. Obviously now I've grown into it more, but still wine has never been a go to alcoholic drink for me. 

My thoughts on wine now are very limited. I don't mind the taste but I usually can't pick apart flavors very well within different wines. Within the last few months I have recognized I don't enjoy tannic wines because it leaves a dry feeling in my mouth. I think I tend to lean towards sweeter wines but I don't mind trying different kinds and I hope to do that with this class. 

In this course I hope to learn more about the different types of wines and have somewhat more of an ability to compare and pick apart the different flavors in different wines. I want to feel comfortable when I order wine, and feel like I know what I am doing. I also want to learn more specifically what my taste is and what I prefer when it comes to wine. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Wine Tasting: Domaine Les Fines Graves Moulin-à-Vent

   Name : Domaine Les Fines Graves Moulin-à-Vent Variety : 100% Gamay Region : Beaujolais, Moulin-a-Vent Country :France Year : 2020 Price :...